Upright Media Limited (“we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Upright Media Limited (company number 09185948) of 9 Thorney Leys Park Witney Oxfordshire OX28 4GE.
Capitalised words used herein but not otherwise defined shall have the meaning given to them in the Website Terms and Conditions.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site www.cannabusiness.com (“Our Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services [search for a product], [place an order on our site], [participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site], [enter a competition, promotion or survey], [joining directory]. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site. [The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- [We may also ask you to complete surveys, although you do not have to respond to them.]
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information provided by you, such as your age, your hobbies and interests and any other content you choose to submit.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on Our Site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect technical information, including without limitation information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and platform, browser type and versions, time zone setting, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- [All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and we shall bear no responsibility or liability in relation to use of your password by any third party.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- [We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods, services, surveys or research studies being conducted which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or e-mail.]
- [If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.]
- [We do not otherwise disclose information about identifiable individuals, but we may provide our sponsors or other third parties with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on a certain advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help our sponsors reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in New York city). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our sponsors’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Your profile on our website will be shared with people you have specifically agreed to share such information with, and to other members of groups you choose to belong to. You can limit who can view certain personal information. Please bear in mind that if you choose to share your personal information (including comments, photos or any other information) to other people on our website, you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you do not share your personal contact information.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose/share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Upright Media Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- INTERNET AWARENESS
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, weblogs, message boards and forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. We recommend that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
Considering the importance of protecting the privacy of young children, we do not knowingly collect or process personal data from persons under 18 years of age. No part of Our Site is directed to persons under 18.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [insert email].
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- [You have the option to cancel your membership at any time. If you are a member and no longer wish to participate in our Website you can sign in to the site and click on the [My Profile] at the top of the page; then select cancel membership and follow the simple instructions.]
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- You can review, delete, correct and revise your privacy settings and personal profile, including who has access to your personal profile in your account at any time. Otherwise you may contact us for assistance at [insert email].
- Any access request may be subject to a fee of [insert amount] to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information: Steps to be taken to achieve compliance with the legal requirements set out in the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (SI 2011/1208) (revised Regulations). The revised Regulations implement the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (2002/58/EC) (E-Privacy Directive) (as revised by the Citizens’ Rights Directive (2009/136/EC)).
- Has been provided with clear and comprehensive information about the purposes for which the cookie is stored and accessed.
- Has given his or her consent.